5.20.2009

The Amazing Susan Boyle

I want to start this post by saying that I don't watch much TV these days and I'm not a real big fan of shows like American Idol or Britain's Got Talent. But when my Mom asked me if I had heard of Susan Boyle and her performance on Britain's Got Talent I had to hear for myself. YouTube.com was so amazingly helpful. Not only did I find her most recent performance but I also found her first recording which happens to be one of my favorite songs, "Cry Me a River." I usually listen to the Diana Krall version but truly enjoyed Susan Boyle's which was made for a 1999 charity CD. You can read more about that project here.

Since Boyle's appearance on Britain's Got Talent with her performance of "I Dreamed a Dream" (which is another one of my favorites to perform) sheet music sales for that song have gone up immensely. If you didn't get a chance to hear that performance click here.

Here is Susan Boyle's version of "Cry Me a River." Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin