6.29.2009

Studio Update - 6/29/09

Welcome to this week's studio update. Enjoy!

  • I enjoyed a Sunday of great music yesterday. I attended both services at my church, One Spirit UMC in Kansas City, MO. Our first worship service is more traditional with our chancel choir leading music along with a song leader. We sang "Friends" by Michael W. Smith for our pastor, Rev. Kim Ross for her last Sunday with us. It was a special tribute to her seven years of service. Our second worship service features gospel/jazz music with a small band and is more contemporary. Our chancel choir also sang at that service and was joined by the band. A stirring rendition of "Get Together" by the Youngbloods was also special music for that day. We finished the festivities with a picnic at a local park. Some of the guys brought guitars and shared some live gospel music. It was a great day! Here's a neat video of "Get Together" by the original artists. Enjoy!


  • www.dafont.com I went font happy last week once I found this great website of free fonts and dingbats. Check out a few of my favorite music themed downloads.
Lassus Music Class

Music Elements

  • I have been doing quite a bit of computer work lately updating the Elliott Music Studio website. I have been throwing around the idea of updating my logo and the site's color palette and now that job has been made a little easier for me. My husband passed along these two sites Your Custom Color Palette from Color Hunter and The Color Palette Generator from DeGraeve These sites ask you to upload your chosen photo and then they take the most prominent colors out to create your ideal color palette. This tool works fantastically for website work or even interior design. Happy creating!
  • We are coming out ahead at 62% of the vote this week for our nomination in the Best Music Class category in Nickelodeon's Parents' Picks Awards for 2009. We still need your help to win! Vote for us once a day, every day, until July 15th at http://www.nicksparentspicks.com. And while you are there stop by our profile page and leave us a review. Thanks for your continued support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin