8.21.2009

Fall Studio Update

I can not believe it's August already. This month I took my youngest to his two month wellness check up and he is just perfect the pediatrician said. He is getting so big and starting to coo and smile. Time is really flying by. I had almost forgotten how much fun this can be. As I write this Oliver is dozing off in his bouncing seat. Thank God for those!



Our oldest,
Madeline celebrated her third birthday this month with a party for family and friends. She was quite the gracious birthday girl and really enjoyed opening her many gifts. I have been keeping busy musically as always and trying to get in more practice time with two children in the house now. If you have any tips for me I would appreciate it. More cute kids pictures can be had on my facebook page.

School is here and I just finished the new redesign of the Elliott Music Studio Website for Fall Enrollment at the Elliott Music Studio. In addition to private lessons in voice and piano we are expanding our offerings this fall to include music classes for children and their families with Elliott Music Classes. Classroom Music for Little Mozarts will be one of our offerings as well as Tiny Tots music for the little ones and their parents. I will have a separate post soon with the details. I can't wait to get started!

Elliott Music Studio Voted Best Music Class in Kansas City two years in a row! Nickelodeon's ParentsConnect, the online resource for parenting advice and community, allowed parents to pick the best of their local communities with its Second Annual Parents' Picks Awards. The Elliott Music Studio was of Kansas City's nominees for Best Music Class. The 2009 award winners will be featured on ParentsConnect throughout the year. Thanks again for all the support!


We are progressing nicely on the German Lieder Recital that I have been working on for the past couple months with Don Forsythe and the Raytown Arts Council. We have our accompanist now I hope and are just in search of a viola player. We are looking at an October concert date possibly at my church, One Spirit UMC. I have quite a bit of practice still to do but I love a good challenge and the music is beautiful. It looks like October is going to be a busy concert month because the Cabaret n' Love Concert to benefit the Shepherd Center of Raytown that had to be rescheduled due to a huge snow storm this past February will also be in October. Details to come.

Did you know that August 24th is Strange Music Day? I had no idea either until I found this website called Holidays for Everyday. It's one stop shopping for all the neat and unusual things that people recognize for every day, week or month of the year. So don't forget that August 30th is National Toasted Marshmallow day. I know I'll be having one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin