9.30.2009

Elizabeth Gilbert on Nurturing Creativity

I enjoyed reading Elizabeth Gilbert's book "Eat, Pray, Love" and found her to be a fascinating person who completed an amazing journey of self discovery. But after I put that novel down I really hadn't thought about her much until this TED talk surfaced a few weeks ago. It doesn't focus on music specifically but I wanted to post it for this week's video segment.

I believe everyone with a creative mind would benefit from her thought provoking ideas about creating and what it takes to create. As musicians we create something new every time we interpret a piece of music. Our jobs are to take what's on the page and make it come alive. We also are asked to put ourselves out there and be vulnerable while we do it. I hope you enjoy this week's video clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin