10.20.2009

Playing the Right Music for your Monkey Friends


I love monkeys! I have been collecting monkey items for several years and now share my collection with my kids. So, when I received an article related to music and monkeys I was quite curious. Wired Science brings us this interesting article about the music preferences of monkeys. It turns out that monkeys prefer silence over what humans consider quality music. The author makes the point that we shouldn't expect monkeys to appreciate the sounds we enjoy. They are however effected by different kinds of music just like we are. Experiments took place that showed that calm music would result in a calming effect and that anxiousness would result from music that was more tension filled.

So, research has been done to create music in sounds that monkeys are more familiar and might be more comfortable with. Check out the audio clips in the article. It's quite fascinating. So, music for monkeys...Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin