11.08.2009

Studio Update - October Round-Up

It has been awhile since I wrote up an update and quite a bit has been going on since my last one so here it goes.

October started out with a great afternoon Cabaret n' Love concert benefiting the Shepherd's Center of Raytown. I was so happy that this event finally was rescheduled since we were snowed out last February. I sang "People" from Funny Girl and "Someone to Watch Over Me" by Gershwin. I was very happy with my performance and look forward to more concert opportunities like that one. A couple weeks later I sang my new favorite solo from Sandi Patty called "You Alone" during both church services that week. I was thrilled to finally get to sing it after many years of it sitting in my file box and to sing it with the band at church was pretty cool, too. Truly memorable performances!

Also in October was United Methodist Women's Sunday where I was asked to be the song leader for worship that day. It was an honor. I just love it when something good comes together. I am also proud to be a part of such a great group of ladies that do so many things for mission around the world for women and children. I am thrilled to be learning so much from this organization and leading others as our UMW's Alpha Circle President.

Several days before Halloween I got a wild hair and started thinking about Christmas and music projects. I am excited to announce that I have started the work on a Christmas music recording project that I hope to have available a few weeks before Christmas. I am taking suggestions now for music ideas to consider. I am looking to strictly work with creative commons licensed or public domain music that doesn't require royalties to be paid for use. It takes a little more leg work but it is well worth it and the music I am finding so far has been great. Check out the Emily Elliott fan page on Facebook and join the discussion about your favorite Christmas songs.

I am preparing for several Christmas music performances this year as well. Instead of a Christmas Cantata our church will be hosting a carol sing that will include many different kinds of holiday music presentations. More info to come. I have also been asked to help with the children's Christmas program that will be the Sunday after Christmas and will include a skit and favorite carols of the season. I am working with one of my favorite music people on this one so it should be a lot of work but also quite fun.

The Elliott Music Studio is going to offer something new this December for all interested piano and voice students. We will be holding our first ever Holiday Recital. Work has already started on several musical selections both sacred and secular. I am the most excited about a musical collaboration of "Blue Christmas". I still have the venue and a date to lock down next week but plans are underway.

I am excited by all of the opportunities that I have had recently to "enrich peoples lives with music". I look forward to keeping up the good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin