12.23.2009

A Caroling We Will Go - "Let is Snow & Sleigh Ride"

I had to change gears a little bit from my blues listening on thesixtyone.com to get into the spirit of the season to write this post. If this video doesn't help you get into the spirit of things I don't know what will. On my "A Caroling We Will Go" adventure I ran across the grand finale to Pellissippi State Music Department's Christmas Concert from 2008. Carolers appear one last time to perform two timeless Christmas holiday classics, "Let it Snow" and "Sleigh Ride." The Conductor is Bill Brewer, Associate Professor of Music. I love how they added that extra special touch by dressing like carolers. It truly adds a touch of whimsy. I am told that the awesome high kicks during "Sleigh Ride" come from Michael Stokes who belonged to the Concert Chorale and Variations vocal groups at PSTCC. He also teaches dance, go figure. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin