6.23.2010

Video of the Week: Sarah McLachlan Times Two

This week's video of the week is a two for one. I thought it would be neat to see two videos, one old and one new, from one of my favorite artists, Sarah McLachlan  for a comparison.

“Angel” is one of my all time favorite songs and I had the awesome opportunity to sing it this weekend during a worship service about angels for the first time.  I bought the sheet music in 2001 after I had finished my first full year of college.  That song was my best friend Katie and I's favorite to sing while in the car.  We even got creative and sang harmony parts along with Sarah McLachlan.  Katie died that year in a car accident so this song also has special memories for me.

It took me awhile to decide which version of this song to include today but when I stumbled across a performance with Carlos Santana in 2007 I knew this was the one.  Santana is a fantastic collaborator and lends his musical talent as an accent.



This is a brand new video of the song "Loving You Is Easy"  from her new CD “Laws of Illusion” available right now.  I am loving this fresh, upbeat sound.  This is the first CD in a long time that I might just run out and buy.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin