10.04.2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Monday October 4th, 2010

For Today, Monday October 4th, 2010

Outside my window...I haven't left the house yet.  I'm not even out of my pj's.  I should get dressed and see the world today. 

I am thinking...I am making all things new! (My new mantra)  I also really enjoyed my time away with my husband last night.  We went out and got a bite to eat.  It was a good date night.  I'm still thinking about it. 

I am thankful for... The PBS Kids Sprout Channel.  I don't have to worry too much about the programing because I know it's all appropriate and stuff my kids love to watch.  It has helped me take a break every now and then and get some work done.  Thank you!  Thank you!   

From the kitchen...boiling pasta for lunch right now at Madi's request.  I have plans to make stuffed flounder for dinner either today or tomorrow.  Last week I got an amazing deal at Aldi's.  I found whole, frozen Maine lobsters for $6.99 each.  I couldn't pass that up.  I just have to decide when to serve that dinner.  It should be pretty yummy!

I am wearing...My favorite black drum-set music t-shirt.

I am creating...Quite a few updates on the web.  I finished some long overdue work on my Linked-in profile and was able to recommend the work of some of my colleagues and friends.  I also updated the Elliott Music Studio website just a tad.  I can't wait to be able to put a new address on there.  Soon I hope.  

I am going... to vacuum and organize today.  Lots of little projects going on right now.  I must make it to our storage shed today and get some fall clothing items for the kids and do some more paring down of household items.  

I am reading...Magazines!  I just love them.  I have a Real Simple magazine and a Better Homes and Gardens one that I am currently half finished with.  The ideas for fall are fantastic.  I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the things I want to do.   

I am hoping... that the last house we found will work for our family.  I just felt so comfortable there.  It felt like home to me.  

I am hearing...My children screeching and running around the house.  They get so excited.  It's noisy and fun around here today.

Around the house...more organizing and staying on top of the clutter.  So much stuff to keep together.  Paperwork to fill out for various things.    

One of my favorite things...Warm blankets and afghans.  I have been cuddling up with my sleepy son in the mornings wrapped up in warm blankets on the couch.  It is such a great time that I will miss when he is older.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Meetings at church; Praise band and choir rehearsal; a piano lesson with Brady on Tuesday; I would like to find my crochet and start working on it again.  I have a couple things to finish.   

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...Well, this is actually a video from TED that talks about our relationship with sound and how it affects us.  Enjoy!





Would you like to linger on the simple things...then join me and many others at "The Simple Woman's Daybook" in taking a little look into the day plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the 'everyday moments'. I will be posting a weekly update using this unique and simple format.

2 comments:

  1. I'm always organizing my home. As you get older you have to know where things are because you can't always rely on memory. I like magazines to look at but I never read them. I hope you have a great week. Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily ~

    I like your magazine choices ~ I must need to visit the hair salon or orthodontist office and get some 'magazine time' ;-)

    Enjoy that cuddle time with your son ~ You are wise to take time for him now!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin