9.15.2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook - September 14, 2010

For Today, Tuesday September 14, 2010

Outside my window...The dark night sky.

I am thinking...that I am so blessed right now and I need to hold on to that right now.
 
I am thankful for...the sweet moments I get to have with each of my children.  They are growing up so fast and learning so much.  It's such a blessing to be a part of that.
 
From the kitchen...Today we ate leftovers of my famous veggie chili and sandwich fixings.  Tomorrow I have plans to roast a whole chicken for friends and make broccoli cheesy rice.  Yummy!
 
I am wearing...some new duds I picked up from Savers this weekend.  I am loving these new jeans and a navy 3 quarter length sleeved t-shirt.  It's nice to get what you need and not pay and arm and a leg for it. 

I am creating...home design projects and plans for when we finally land in our new place.  I am brimming with ideas.

I am going...a bit crazy thinking about all the things left to do each day.  It's getting harder to get things done with two kids in tow.  I have to draw on all the patience I have to get through the day.  They want to help so much but that makes things not run as smoothly.  I have to work on finding some balance.

I am reading...some fantastic DIY design ideas for the home.  Check out this cool project from Censtational Girl for taking a not so fantastic brass chandelier and updating it with a bit of spray paint.  It's brilliant and basically free!

I am hoping...for direction and patience as we try to discern as a family where we are headed and what we we want to do long term. 

I am hearing...The ticking of clocks and the whirling of fans as everyone gets quiet and goes to bed around here.

Around the house...the vacuuming never ends.  I finished the floors in the kitchen and mudroom this morning and now the kitchen needs it again because I gave the kids crackers to munch on and they landed on the floor.  Silly me. 

One of my favorite things...simple suppers that help you clean out the frig and free up much needed space.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  More fun dealing with financial stuff and paper work so we can get a new house; Praise Band and Choir Practice at church; preparing a solo for church this Sunday & finding some time to play. 

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...Success Your Way shared this really neat desktop image to motivate and inspire.  It is to remind you to keep plugging along making your dreams a reality.


Would you like to linger on the simple things...then join me and many others at "The Simple Woman's Daybook" in taking a little look into the day plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the 'everyday moments'. I will be posting a weekly update using this unique and simple format.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin