10.12.2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Tuesday, October 12th, 2010

Outside my window... A lovely fall day. 

I am thinking...that I have accomplished quite a bit today.  I made the calls I needed to make.  I cleaned a few important places in the house that had been neglected and I spent quality time with my kids.  Dinner was made and our bed time ritual was accomplished.  

I am thankful for...the health of my children.  They are doing so well.

I am wearing...my Dr. Pepper t-shirt.  It's one of my faves

I am remembering...how little my babies were just a year or so ago.  I have been organizing my kids photos on facebook.  I can't believe I have a one year old and a four year old.  It's a trip.

I am going...to Target sometime this week.  I have been scouting out the deals and can't wait to go and stretch our dollar.  Coupons are awesome! 

I am currently reading...My new Rachel Ray magazine that came in the mail today as well as Family Circle.  And of course the ever popular RSS reader.  

I am hoping...for a great deal on our new digs.  We could sure use it right about now.

On my mind...(that is a loaded question)  Loosing weight, house hunting, organizing my clothing and stuff, child development and education, meal planning...(I could go on for awhile.)

Noticing that...I need to take better care of myself and start eating better and taking better care of my skin.  Sleeping more would also be good.

Pondering these words... "Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese." - G.K. Chesterton  I found this quote on Chris Rice's official website and just cracked up.  Ask me sometime why cheese is so funny to me.

From the kitchen... I have found a couple recipes online that I plan to try in the next few days: Fettuccine Alfredo, Pumpkin Pancakes and Candy Corn Cookies.  I am in the mood for some great fall cooking.  Last night I made veggie chili and it turned out lovely.  I ate leftovers for lunch today with lots of crackers and shredded cheese.  Dinner tonight was "beef" flavored TVP Stroganoff with egg noodles.  It was wonderful!    

Around the house...A constant state of flux.  

One of my favorite things...tonight's dinner.  I ate way to much of it but it was tasty and one of my favorite comfort foods.   

From my camera...The kids and I went walking to see all the new fall colors this past weekend.  Here are just a few of the pictures I took. 



Would you like to linger on the simple things...then join me and many others at "The Simple Woman's Daybook" in taking a little look into the day plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the 'everyday moments'. I will be posting a weekly update using this unique and simple format.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin