10.22.2010

Video of the Week: "Be Thou My Vision" Jars of Clay

Well, I am writing this week's "Video of the Week" an hour into Thursday morning because the day ran away with me and now I can't sleep.  

"Be Thou My Vision" is one of my all time favorite hymns.  I have sung it more times than I can count.  My favorite way to present it is a cappella only singing the first and third verses.  So, I was pleasantly surprised to find a newer arrangement from the WOW Worship hits yellow book from 2003 by Jars of Clay while looking for some new music ideas for worship.  I love the simplicity of the accompaniment using piano and/or guitar with the sound staying pretty much the same either way.  The ending has been written for at least two independent voice parts but I am throwing around the idea of doing the entire piece as a solo and working the ending for one voice.  We will see how that works out but until then, enjoy "Be Thou My Vision" by Jars of Clay.   

Be Thou My Vision - Jars Of Clay

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin