10.06.2010

Video of the Week: "I am Restless" by Audrey Assad

This song came at just the right time a couple weeks ago.  I was asked to sing a solo during worship last month and could not find a song to go with the pastor's sermon that week.  We were in week three of a sermon serious related to bones.  I was stumped.  I had found a couple ideas but I wasn't confident about them nor did I feel that I could convincingly share their message in worship.  I did have to pick by Thursday morning or our church administrative assistant was going to be calling me so I kept at it.

Thursday morning came and I still had no idea what I was going to do.  I sat down to do my usual email and rss reader reading and came across my Worship Together newsletter and was that ever an answer to prayer.  I was gifted with the free lead sheet download of Audrey Assad's new song "I am Restless".  It is based on these words from "The Confessions of Saint Augustine"

And I'm restless, I'm restless,
'til I rest in you, 'til I rest in you.

Not only did these words speak to me on a personal level but they fit beautifully into worship that Sunday.  I got more compliments on that song and I thank the Holy Spirit for making it come alive.
I am still working on getting a video recording of my performance so until then I wanted to share a live recording of Audrey Assad singing "I am Restless" from eXclaim! 2010 in Toledo, Ohio at the Monsignor Schmit CYO Athletic Complex.  Enjoy! 

Restless by Audrey Assad


  • Love the song as much as I do?  Download the lead sheet like I did at the Worship Together website here.
  • If you are interested in reading "The Confessions of Augustine:  An Electronic Edition" check out this website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin