11.30.2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Tuesday, November 30th, 2010

Outside my window...a cold sunny day in the midwest.  I stepped outside to put the trash out and I got a face full of a bitter cold breeze.  Next time I will be wearing a coat that's for sure. 

I am thinking...about how cuddly both my children are but especially my little Oli.  He's even curled up on me while I type this.

I am thankful for...my ability to be patient.

I am wearing...comfy but nice clothes.  I teach a piano lesson today so I can't be too casual.

I am remembering...Christmas traditions of years past

I am currently reading...not much at the moment but I did just update my book list on Goodreads.com.  I love being able to track what I have read, what I am reading and what I would like to read all in one place.  You also can share your book list with friends and get ideas.  Now I just have to decide what I want to read next. 
 
I am hoping...for a peaceful holiday season full of meaningful moments and wonderful memories.

On my mind...There are so many choices of cool things to do with your family for the holidays.  I am also quite overwhelmed by all the neat craft ideas out there to do with your kids.  Here is just a list of a few websites I have been looking at.
Noticing that...December 1st will be here before I know it.  Tomorrow even!  I think I better get cracking on my advent calendar print out and start cranking out some paper chains. 
Pondering these words... 

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

From the kitchen...I did some bulk cooking last week so I haven't cooked a whole lot this week.  I just popped a casserole in the oven every couple days.  This might seem strange to some but I haven't cooked my big Thanksgiving meal yet.  Several factors have made it necessary to postpone it until next week.  So I am still looking forward to mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and my famous pumpkin pie. 

Around the house...the usual cleaning and tidying up today.  I am also preparing to decorate a little for Christmas.  House hunting is also on my mind.

One of my favorite things...getting to make my Christmas wish list.  I'm working on it now and will share it in a future post. 

From my camera...I thought I would share a couple pictures today.  The first one is our first attempt at a box guitar.  So far it has held up pretty well to the beating my children have given it.  But yesterday my husband found a shoe box with sturdier cardboard that has turned out to be a better alternative to a cereal box. 
.   

My second picture was taken on Thanksgiving last week while we waited for our table at Cracker Barrel in Independence, MO.  We had a lunch with friends before they set off to visit family for the holiday.  The gift shop was so full of people waiting that we couldn't move around very well but we did enjoy looking at all the new ornaments and Christmas decorations. 



Would you like to linger on the simple things...then join me and many others at "The Simple Woman's Daybook" in taking a little look into the day plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the 'everyday moments'. I will be posting a weekly update using this unique and simple format.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin