12.07.2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Tuesday, December 7th, 2010

Outside my window...Today was a much needed PJ day so I have no idea what was going on outside my window.  

Madi at the Table

I am thinking...about how proud I am of my daughter, Madi who is progressing fantastically in her home preschool materials.  She has begun to read and write and it's a delight.  (hey, that rhymed.)

I am thankful for...good friends, food and fellowship.

I am wearing...My PJ's of course!

I am remembering...Our first Christmas' as the Elliott family.  I was going down memory lane while uploading new pictures of this holiday season.   

I am currently reading...a ton of email and a couple new Christmas books on my Kindle
 
I am hoping....for a fantastic holiday season and a house for Christmas.  (fingers crossed)

On my mind...Holiday baking and crafting, gift-giving, not getting overwhelmed by all there is to do in a day. 

Noticing that...exercise can really be fun.  The kids and I tried out an exercise show I had set to record on the DVR the other day.  The show is called "Shimmy" and you really do as you work through a simple routine of belly-dancing moves.  Madi and I are already discussing costume ideas so we can shimmy and jingle like the ladies on TV.  I had taken lessons way back when so it was fun to dust off what I remembered and try something different.  We will be back at it tomorrow for sure.

Pondering these words...
"Lord, may we entertain joy during this Advent season regardless of our circumstances. Empower us to sing and shout out of our sickness, to dance in the midst of disability, to praise you through our pain, and to expect that you will turn our wilderness to fruitfulness for your glory. Amen."
Laura Bachman, The King’s Closet - Burlington,... WI


From the kitchen...fantastic food!  A few nights ago I got a little help from the store and made pizza.  It was so marvelous I took a picture of it.

My Yummy Pizza Creation

My mother came over on Monday and helped cook a holiday feast of green bean casserole, deviled eggs, sage dressing, southwest corn casserole, turkey breast with vegetables, veggie cutlets and pumpkin pie.  I am still eating on the leftovers but they are going fast. 

Our Beautiful Christmas Tree
Around the house...Christmas decorating has begun and is in full force.  My little tree is looking quite fantastic.  I am practicing more Christmas music on the piano and really enjoying myself.  I just love enjoyable practice time. 

One of my favorite things...my homemade pumpkin pie with lots of whipped cream.   

From my camera...a few early pictures of the holidays.  Enjoy!



Beautiful Poinsettias on the Kitchen Table

Oli & Madi Under the Christmas Tree

Dazzling Christmas Tree


Would you like to linger on the simple things...then join me and many others at "The Simple Woman's Daybook" in taking a little look into the day plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the 'everyday moments'. I will be posting a weekly update using this unique and simple format.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin