3.23.2011

Lenten Devotional: Week Three

Welcome to the third week of this Lenten journey! For this Lenten season I have put together a weekly series of devotionals from the Songs and Prayers of the Taizé community. Each devotional in the series will include a Psalm, Songs from Taizé, a picture of the cross that I hoped will aid in your reflection time, Intercessions and a prayer.   If you have just joined us and want to start from the beginning here's week one followed by week two.


So take a minute to reflect on this week's message.

Psalm   from Psalm 51

Indeed you love truth in the heart;
then in the secret of my heart teach me wisdom.
O purify me, then I shall be clean;
O wash me, I shall be whiter than snow.

A pure heart create for me, O God,
put a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me away from your presence,
nor deprive me of your holy spirit.

Song

"Dominus Spiritus Est" (Lord Breath On Us), The Community of Taizé


 

 Silence

 

Intercessions

O Christ, you offer us healing; may we live by your life.
O Christ, you renew our hope; may we live by your life.
O Christ, you sat at table with sinners; may we live by your life.
O Christ, you raised up your friend Lazarus; may we live by your life.
O Christ, you forgave Peter when he repudiated you and you called him to follow you; may we live by your life.
O Christ, in you our resurrection has already begun; may we live by your life.

 

Prayer

Bless us, Christ Jesus; you love us always, even in our night.  Amen

 

Song

"Jesus Remember Me", The Community of Taizé

 



*Special thanks to these online resources who helped me pull this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin