4.20.2011

Lenten Devotional: Week Seven

Welcome to the seventh and final week of this Lenten journey! For this Lenten season I have put together a weekly series of devotionals from the Songs and Prayers of the Taizé community. Each devotional in the series will include a Psalm, Songs from Taizé, a picture of the cross that I hoped will aid in your reflection time, Intercessions and a prayer.   If you have just joined us and want to start from the beginning here's week one followed by week two, week three, week four, week five & week six.

So take a minute to reflect on this week's message.

Psalm   from Psalm 143

Lord, make haste and answer;
for my spirit fails within me.
Do not hide your face
lest I become like those in the grave.

In the morning let me know your love
for I put my trust in you.
Make me know the way I should walk;
to you I lift up my soul.

Teach me to do your will
for you, O Lord, are my God.
Let your good spirit guide me
in ways that are level and smooth.

For your name’s sake, Lord, save my life;
in your justice save my soul from distress.
Rescue my life from oppression
for I am your servant, O Lord.

Song

"Lord Jesus Christ", The Community of Taizé



 

Silence



Intercessions

Jesus, Son of the living God, splendor of the Father, eternal light, we worship you.
Jesus, gentle and humble of heart, our help and our refuge, we worship you.
Jesus, God of peace, friend of all, source of life and of holiness, fullness comes from you.
Jesus, brother of the poor, goodness without measure, inexhaustible wisdom, we worship you.
Jesus, good shepherd, true light, our way and our life, we worship you.
Jesus, joy of the angels, master of the apostles, strength of the martyrs, we worship you.
Jesus, light of the witnesses to the Gospel, radiance of all the saints, you satisfy our longing.



Prayer

Breath of God’s loving, in each person you place faith. It is a simple trust, so simple that all can welcome it. Recognized or not, you kindle a fire in our darkness that never dies out.  Amen

 

Song

"In God Alone My Soul", The Community of Taizé





*Special thanks to these online resources who helped me pull this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin