6.24.2011

Music Ministry Video Resume

I mentioned in the last installment of my Music Job Search Series that it was extremely important for you to have video and audio recordings of your work to add to your resume when applying for positions.  I also shared that I had fallen short in this department and was working on a solution. 

I recently applied for a music ministry position where they asked me to submit audio or video of what I thought was my best work and it had to be under 15 minutes.  I don't have any video of myself leading worship yet so that option was out.  I decided to share a few of my best live recorded songs from worship services from the last few months and a couple of recent prayers that I had written and shared in worship.  I also had some photos that I had taken in and around the church over the last year and a few shots of me leading worship and song.  All of these elements are needed for a successful audio recording turned video transformation. 

It took some trial and error with Picasa, the help of my husband and the open source program Audacity to get a finished music ministry video resume that I could be proud to share.  There are a few things I want to try out for future videos before I write up a how-to.  So, until then enjoy my very first Music Ministry Audio Resume!

{If you are reading this post in an RSS Reader and don't see the video below please click over to my blog to view}. 


My name is Emily Elliott and I'm passionate about sharing music with people of all ages. I'm a professional musician, instructor, director and worship leader with 10+ years of experience equipping individuals, choirs and ensembles with the skills needed for music excellence.

I am called to enrich people's lives with music and the arts while helping to foster and strengthen personal relationships with God through dynamic worship and fellowship.

This video is a compilation of live worship music, original prayers, and photos I have taken over the past year. Enjoy!

Find me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/EmilyElliottMusic

Check out my blog! http://elliottmusicstudio.blogspot.com

YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Elliottmusicstudio?feature=mhee

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin