7.13.2011

Video of the Week: "The Battle of Jericho" with Moses Hogan

I fell in love with the works of Moses Hogan the first time I sang one of his arrangements while attending Christian Music Summer School at Southern Methodist University's Perkins School of Theology in Dallas, Texas.  I was so sad to learn that the life of this amazing director and arranger of spirituals was cut short with his unfortunate death in 2003.

I just recently found a collection of spirituals Hogan arranged for solo voice called  "Deep River - 10 Spirituals arranged for Voice and Piano" that I have added to wish list and can't wait to buy when I get the chance.

This week's Video of the Week features Moses Hogan and his arrangement of "The Battle of Jericho".  Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin