11.03.2011

New Opportunities and Part-Time Employment


I have been looking for additional employment for the past year and have been working to network and get the word out to all my friends, family and colleagues. This last June I got a call about a potential job at the Cokesbury store at Saint Paul School of Theology in Kansas City. After a couple successful interviews I began my part time employment journey in August with Cokesbury.


Cokesbury is the official store for the United Methodist Publishing House located in Nashville, Tennessee. If you are United Methodist you have probably ordered books, music or curriculum from Cokesbury at one time or another. We also service many other protestant denominations.

The Cokesbury at Saint Paul School ofTheology is a seminary store that also provides the text books to the many students we see on campus. The majority of students are also serving a church so we are there to help with resources and worship supplies.

Being a UM Church musician brings a different perspective to my work at the store and gives me an opportunity to help our customers with music and worship related questions. I am also very fond of the United Methodist Women's reading program and work to keep that section up to date.

I am excited by the new opportunities that have already come my way by working at Cokesbury and what the future holds. I am confident that this new found connection will continue to help me on my music ministry journey.





You're Invited to Christmas Open House

3 days only - November 9 - 11

Save 25% on all regularly priced in-stock merchandise in stores only 
or free shipping at Cokesbury.com

Look for Christmas Open House specials
only available at these extra low prices for 3 days, while supplies last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin