11.23.2011

Video of the Week: Praying With Anglican Prayer Beads

Anglican Prayer Beads
A friend in ministry shared with me information about the Anglican prayer beads that she had been making while I admired here prayer bead bracelet a month or so ago and I have been determined to make them ever since.

I went to my local craft store and bought some simple wooden beads and hemp cord and set to work learning how to make my very own prayer beads.  My friend had let me borrow a couple books for reference so I had a place to start.  I love the simplicity of the design and the enhancement to my prayer life.

I became inspired as I was brainstorming this season's devotions for the Advent, Christmas and Epiphany season to incorporate prayer beads in our weekly devotions together.

Starting the first Monday in Advent, November 28th, 2011 I will be sharing prayer beads devotions for the Advent and Christmas season up to the week of Epiphany, January 2nd, 2012.  I encourage you to use these original devotions for private refection as well as for devotional time with your church's music and worship planning groups.

This week's Video of the Week shares about praying with prayer beads and how we might make it a practice in our devotional life. Enjoy!


Praying With Anglican Prayer Beads

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin